Internet Express has partnered with Postini to provide you with the latest tools to prevent viruses and junk email from reaching your computer. Internet Express provides this service as part of our commitment to bring you the best Internet service available. When the service begins, you will receive an activation notification from Postini. The Postini services are private and secure. The junk email and virus protection is an automated process. Nobody has access to your email except you. Nobody will read your email. Your email is not censored, YOU control the filter settings. Here is a brief overview of the Postini service:
- Your email passes through Postini's automated filters that detect suspected junk email and viruses.
- Suspicious email is directed to your personal, web-based, password-protected Message Center (it does not arrive at your computer's in box). Think of this as a quarantine area. Within your personal Message Center, you can read the quarantined email online, delete it, or deliver (forward) it to your in box.
- Initially you should visit your Message Center often because Postini "remembers and learns" from your interaction. As time goes on, you will be able to rely on Postini's periodic notifications of your Message Center activity.
- Postini lets you "block" senders; meaning email from them will always be filtered. Or you can "approve" senders; meaning their email will always be delivered.
- This service is completely controlled by you.
The fee for this service will be $2.00 per month per e-mail account. If you have additional e-mail addresses, you can filter them all separately at $1.00 per address or share the same Message Center with your master account at no additional charge.
When your service is activated, you will be sent explicit instructions on how to access your Message Center and how to get the most out of your junk email and virus protection. If you can't wait to learn more, we encourage you to visit the Postini User Instruction page: Postini User Instructions or look through this overview.
If you have any questions, please review the Postini FAQ page: Frequently Asked Questions